Vespa Scooter Tour – Above & Beyond Paleokastritsa
Ride around the island and discover the best sights from incredible points of view. Join a small group tour with a friendly tour escort for a fun and relaxed journey around Corfu Island.
Driving along scenic country roads and through traditional villages, this tour includes a visit to Palaiokastritsa, one of the most famous locations on the island. Surrounded by olive groves and cypress trees, it is set around three bays.
According to legend, Paleokastritsa is where Odysseus was shipwrecked and met Nausicaa.
An exhausted Odysseus had fallen asleep in the bushes, until he was awakened by the cries of the girls who were playing ball.
Nausicaa, virgin, beautiful woman, in the first dawn of her youth, sees Ulysses naked, ugly from pain, from salt, from troubles. However, she is not afraid of him: she recognizes the dignity of the guest in him and helps him immediately.
On the northern end of Paleokastritsa is the 12th-century Byzantine monastery of Theotokos. The monastery is notable for its ceiling carving of the Tree of Life. Riding through the traditional villages of Lakones and Krini we will visit Angelokastro, a Byzantine castle set on a steep hill with great views of the whole island. Several stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way.
This tour includes a hearty Corfiot cuisine lunch with a fine selection of original local dishes.
Last but not least before we return to our office or to the cruise port terminal the tour ends with a beautiful ride through the old town. During this ride, you will able to admire the palace of St. Michael and St. George, the Old Fortress, the New Fortress, Liston area and Spianada square the largest square in Greece which is located in front of the Old Fortress.
For travellers that wish to participate in our “Above & Beyond Paleokastritsa” Vespa scooter tour but they do not have a scooter or motorcycle driving license, since March 2019 we have available the Mp3- trikes option. The Piaggio MP3 is a tilting three-wheeled scooter noted for its combination of two front wheels and a single rear wheel.
Distance: 69.5 km, 43.2 miles
People on this tour: min1 – max10
Scooter Tour Highlights:
• Visit Paleokastritsa Byzantine monastery dates to 1228
• Ride through traditional villages Lakones, Krini, Makrades, Doukades
• Visit Angelokastro byzantine Castle dates to 1272
• Enjoy a typical Corfiot lunch
• Several stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way
• Magnificent ride through the old town of Corfu
• 125cc Vespa gts ABS Touring or Piaggio MP3 300cc
• Helmets Vespa
• Vespa or Piaggio top case with backrest cushion for the passenger
• Gloves on request
• All the entrance fees are included
• lunch + drinks
• Tour escort
• All Taxes Included
• THIRD-PARTY insurance for civil liability
• Minimum age of driver: 18 for Vespa 125cc, 20 for Piaggio Mp3 300cc
• ID card or passport
• Driving license requirements.
• Vespa 125cc European Driving License: A, A1, A2.International Driving License: A, A1
• Vespa 250 or 300cc European Driving License: A, A2.Intern. Driving License: A
• Piaggio MP3 300
Car Driving license B or international B obtained before the 19th of January 2013. European Driving License: B, A, A2Intern. Driving License: B, A,
• Previous experience driving scooters/motorcycles is mandatory for the scooter driver.
• Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy shoes to better enjoy the adventure.
• Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes prior to the scooter tour departure.
Scooter Tour cost:
A 30% deposit of the total scooter tour/rental cost including taxes is required to secure your reservation through our web booking channel.
The scooter tour cost can be paid wholly or partly. Either by credit card, debit card or PayPal through our web booking channel, or by bank wire transfer after emailing us, or by cash at our office (at our office you may also pay by credit card, please note that we do not accept American Express and Diners Club cards).
Duration: 6 hrs (10:30-16:30)
Price for 1 person on a Vespa: 135 euros
Price for 2 persons on a Vespa: 200 euros
Running every: Monday and Thursday
Running every: Monday and Thursday Duration: 6 hrs (10:30-16:30)
For any information request fill out the form and you will be contacted by the staff